weird with airport

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Sat Jul 12 07:48:44 PDT 2003

OK, I successfully installed an airport card in my flatpanel iMac and
now my iBook is "talking" through it to the 'Net (via a phone line).
  HOWEVER, somewhere in the configuration process, the Remote Access
panel in my Control Strip got screwed up. Where before it showed a list
of different places I log in from (diff. phone numbers, etc.), now it is
blank. The information is still there, because when I open RA and its
options, there they are. They just don't show in the control panel. Any
easy fix?
	AND MORE...after I disconnected, turned off airport in my iBook after
the first run, and went down for dinner, the iMac stayed connected to
the phone line for 5 more hours before I realized it and shut it down.
	Is there a way from my iBook to disconnect the iMac from the phone?

thanks for any help...

--
—don hinkle

An Oklahoma man, Charles “Pretty Boy” Floyd, was a bank robber during
the Depression. Many Okies were losing their farms when banks
foreclosed, so Floyd was a folk hero. He was killed in a hail of gunfire
from lawmen. More than 20,000 people attended his funeral. Read
OKLAHOMA, by Donald Henry Hinkle, published in July 2003 by Enslow.
ISBN: 0-7660-5138-2