OT: imac Classic install problems

gooddogcomics at mac.com gooddogcomics at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 04:24:32 PDT 2003

Folks;

Computer: imac 233 rev a, with 512 of newly installed memory.

No matter what I do, I can't install classic after installing Jaguar.
I get to the same place on the install and it says "no way are you
going to install this on here, find another disk to install it on".  I
ran through it with a technician friend, too, and he suggested
installing Classic as a disk image.  How is this done?

He said a person could install Classic on a disk image and run all your
classic apps from there.  Anyone had experience with this?

  I've been told there was a site that had specific information about
how to do this procedure, including what size to make the disk image,
what Classic files to leave out, etc.

Because this isn't an iBook issue, you can email me privately to keep
the list free of unwarranted traffic.  I'm on digest, so I'll not get
your non-private responses until later.

Thanks a bunch.

Mark