[P1] OT: imac Classic install problems

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Tue Jul 15 06:25:23 PDT 2003

> He said a person could install Classic on a disk image and run all
> your classic apps from there.  Anyone had experience with this?

That's what I did when I got in the same situation.  You run Disk
Utility and tell it "new blank image".  The issue of how large to
make it is more difficult, since Classic apps will put their temporary
files in it.   I made mine too small and haven't been able to run
Photoshop on any large files since then (I have another machine
that works fine for that, so I haven't changed it).  The installer
will then be happy to install on that image.

For what it's worth, I made mine 320 MB and I have around 20 MB
free, so I'd say 500 MB at a minimum.

	Mike