[P1] Advice wanted

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sat Jul 19 19:50:22 PDT 2003

Andrew Nye wrote:

> On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 06:15  am, Jim Shimozawa wrote:
>

>> If you had to give a new iBook owner one piece of advice, what would
>> that be? Wash hands often? Insert a piece of anything soft before
>> closing lid? Which is your favorite?
>

> "Enjoy it". Don't be prissy about it getting scratched, bumped etc
> just take it with you and enjoy using it.
>
> If you've got the money, Airport it.
>
> They are great, robust, fun machines! Have fun!

I have to second both of these... what's the point in having a laptop if
you're too worried about it getting "hurt" to actually use it?! My iBook
goes everywhere and about once a week I need to give the screen a quick
clean to get the little keyboard marks off it, but you can only see
these from some angles. Considering how much typing I do on it I think
this is fair enough. That and my hands do get rather oily.

Remember, it's your money, make sure you get your money's worth out of
the iBook.

--Michael.