[P1] Function Keys

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 22 13:24:28 PDT 2003

Wiebe Wilbers wrote the following:

> I have been able to set up F7-F11 function keys, but no matter  what I do,
> the others refuse to work... I hold down the function key, press F1 for
> example, and nothing happens. Pressing F1 on it¹s own just decreases monitor
> brightness. In the Keyboard control panel the buttons for F1-F6 and F12 are
> disabled.
>
> Anyone been able to program these keys?? I would love to have some more
> hot-keys.

Just to be sure...

have you tried pressing the 'fn' key first? ...bottom left of the
keyboard...

without pressing this the F1 -F6 keys are set to do the black symbols
shown...only after using the fn key do they act as F keys...

let us know if this works...or if you have already tried this.

Cheers,

Richard