[P1] Strange browser behaviour and Airport

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 22 13:38:31 PDT 2003

Marc van Gemert wrote the following:

> But there's a catch. All of a sudden opening any browser
> (Netscape, iCab, IE) takes about 30 to 45 secs before it continues to
> start, it just freezes for a while at the startup screen. This didn't
> happen the first day I got it up and running. I thought it had to do
> with Airport so I tried turning it off in the control strip, also tried
> setting TCP/IP to something else then Airport, but still the same
> problem. Any ideas?

try looking for firmware updates for the new equipment online...I had a
similar experience recently with my switch to broadband (you can't get the
smile to leave my face :) ) The first day it worked with some sites
immediately and the next nothing...I later found out from the good tech
support that the firmware version of my router/modem was known to have some
bugs with OS X (Netgear DG814). I have updated the firmware and have been a
happy bunny ever since...

HTH,

Richard