[P1] iChat AV with slower machines

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Wed Jul 23 06:00:29 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 22, 2003, at 19:05 US/Eastern, iBook List wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:19:59 -0500
> Subject: Re: [P1] iChat  AV with slower machines.
> From: Ron Reames <rreames at cableone.net>
>
> Didn't work for me.I have a 600mhz iBook and a Sony digital camcorder.
>

> Ron
>

> On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 11:08  PM, NIKON'S WORLD wrote:
>

>> I noticed allot of you complaining about slower machines not working
>> with iChat AV.  I went on a search and found this that might work.
>> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12294
>>
> "We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust the sails."

iChat AV will NOT work with DV camcorders on any G3 Mac, as per Apple's
KB document, titled, appropriately enough, "iChat AV (Public Beta):
Does Not Recognize DV Camera on Computers With PowerPC G3":

http://docs.info.apple.com/
article.html?artnum=93206&sessionID=anonymous%7C5370421&kbhost=kbase.inf
o.apple.com%3a80%2f

Sorry. Big disappointment for me, too.

--
Jonathan Fletcher