[P1] Word formatting in Mac, PC

Wiebe Wilbers wiebe at insysco.net.au
Sat Jul 26 17:08:29 PDT 2003

This is probably a really obvious suggestion, but are the 'page setup'
preferences the same? I work here switching between Macs, and even they have
trouble sometimes with the page layout, however, a quick trip into page
setup often reveals one Mac to be set on A4, with the other on US Legal or
something - obviously causing trouble with the layout on the page...

Hope you figure out the trouble anyway.

> Well, that settles that...my switcher won't be nearly so interested in
> switching with that info.  Her Word docs are booklets that she prints
> to go with her products and will be a problem, that being the case.
> Glad to know this in advance!

The PDF suggestion is a good one for this I think. Is MS Word the only thing
that would stop her from switching?? I have people come up to me whilst I'm
using OS X and seeing how cool it all looks, hearing how stable it is, and
then saying something along the lines of 'I'd give anything for that!!'

My 2c

Wiebe.