[P1] Word formatting in Mac, PC

Zoran's mailinglist account zoki.news at linuxix.2y.net
Mon Jul 28 00:24:17 PDT 2003

Le 25/07/2003 16:55, « Brian Olesky » <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> a écrit :

<snip>

> We've solved the "words wandering all over the page" issue by adhering to
> strict rules of proper formatting (e.g. never using the space bar to align
> type, etc.) but one thing we've never solved is the amount of stuff on a
> page.

*** Usiung the space bar isn't a good idea even if you both were working on
a PC.

> Her page breaks are always different than mine. Is there a way to solve
> this?

*** Could it be your boxes don't have the same printer (setup)?

> And are there any suggestions for fonts that are universal but more
> attractive than Times New Roman?

*** I use Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Comic Sans MS, Arial, Verdana... The best
way would be if you both installed the same type of fonts on both machines.
That's as universal as you can get.

On the other hand, I think the *.pdf format was invented having your problem
in mind...

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

Windows software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.