[P1] To Partition or...! Virtual Memory

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 1 16:39:22 PDT 2003

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 12:34  PM, Tom R. no spam wrote:

> 2. (How can you have a 2.6 GB "partition" you seem not to have known
> about?  Cf for swap partition--ie virtual memory--I myself followed
> one usual unix rule and made it approx same size as my RAM.)
>
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Jack Rodgers wrote:
> 2.
>> None of the replies and explanations mentioned virtual memory, an OS X
>> default and an OS 9 option, and how it is effected by partitioning. I
>> just checked my 30 Gig drive and it has a partition of 2.6 Gigs, or
>> 10%.

OK, I got swept up in the partition discussion. The VM whatever it may
be is 2.6 gigs according to the utility.

---
CBS, ABC, NBC and other networks are hereby awarded the "Who Needs
Memorial Day!" trophy. Please send any correspondence about this to the
network presidents.

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com