It's the fan, again....

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed Jun 4 12:13:43 PDT 2003

I'm totally dumbfounded by this. Once again after having my iBook back
for 2 weeks the fan did it's thing again. Not as loudly this time but
it stayed on for over an hour so I call Apple. This time they had me
'reset-all' in the Firmware settings, then run the hardware check disk.
They gave me a case # and said call if it does it again. He wanted to
know if I had it on a flat surface....which I do but I also had put
four 3/4" black rubber feet under it so it would have a little better
cleance so it wouldn't overheat...wishful thinking on my part, I
suppose. The dang thing got so hot in the HD area that it melted some
of the black onto the bottom of the iBook! It'll come off...but still,
that's pretty dang hot, don't you think?

Fran