[P1] It's the fan, again....

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Thu Jun 5 08:33:35 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 12:06 AM, Mary Keene wrote:

> No surge protection, house wiring was VERY OLD, electrician said it
> was so underwired, he didn't know why she had not set it on fire
> instead of burning out electronics.

Thank you! I think you've hit the nail on the head! I sometimes have it
plugged into a surge protector and sometimes not....My husband
sometimes has the surge protector full of stuff that he's working on so
I just plug into the wall where there is room. With all the stuff we
have plugged in, it is surprising that we haven't burned down the house!
Well, with all the heat that the 'book has produced over the past few
months I'm sure that it's innards are in 'not new' condition as they
should be, perhaps I'll try to get Apple to replace it just because
they never asked me where or how it was plugged in. Had they started at
that point it would have saved them & me alot of grief and me & some of
you alot of typing! That is, if this is actually the problem...I'm
gonna keep it plugged into the surge protector and tell the 'hubby' to
NOT touch it and see if it does the overheating/fan thing again. If &
when it does Apple will get THE phone call and the next you'll hear
from me about this subject is that I have a "new" iBook.
Thanks for all the input, everyone, and for keeping on with the
suggestions!

Fran