[P1] platform for iBook

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 13 03:55:17 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 09:45  PM, Mike Beede wrote:

> There is *no* way you could type with that, though it does look
> cool.  Well, I guess you could type if you were a different species
> than I am, but it looks like a real long reach from the desk to the
> keyboard.

Some unknown number of Powerbook and iBook users attach an external
keyboard to their books. I have my Powerbook on a cool pad and on top
of two Lacie Pocketdrive boxes, raising it about eight inches off of
the desk and placing the screen at my eye level. Having to look
downward at the screen on a desk causes a crink in my neck. elevating
the book made the crink and soreness go away.

I am using the Apple Pro keyboard via the USB port but any USB keyboard
would work and the USB keyboards are a viable option.

The Apple Pro Keyboard is much nicer to type on than the Powerbook
keyboard, in my opinion and others will disagree of course.

Adding the keyboard to the device mentioned above would make it quite
useful.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com