[P1] Great apps that one should not be without

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 05:03:57 PDT 2003

My can't live without apps include the following:

LaunchBar- It's an application launcher, application switcher, dessert
topping and floor wax. Everything's done from the keyboard. I've never
managed to warm up to the tile based launchers. This one, I paid the
shareware fee a couple of days after downloading it.

Watson- Nifty program. It's been compared to Sherlock but it's different. It
has Google modules, TV listings, weather, translation.

Cocktail- I agree with previous posters. This is a great little maintenance
app, especially for computers that get shut down at night.

Sticky Brain- Kind of a note pad/stickies program on steroids. You can clip
things from the web, other documents using the contextual menu. It then can
search through all the stuff I've thrown at it.

CalcThingy- a very simple calculator

I use  Word, Excel, Entourage, iCal, iTunes, Safari and a few other major
programs just about every day.

Meg
--
PowerBook 12-inch