[P1] Camino...

Kurt Cypher kcypher42 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 18 05:13:24 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003, at 20:35 US/Eastern, Fran wrote:

> I put Camino on the new iBook today. Then I opened Fetch to update my
> website. I uploaded the new info as usual and Camino can't 'see' it.
> It's viewable through Netscape but not there according to Camino.
> Anyone else have this happen to them? I am not using an HTML
> generator. I just write in BBEditLite and then upload it...8 years of
> exp. not that I'm all that proficient at it. Running OS 10.2.6
>
> Thanks,
> Fran

By "can't see it" do you mean that it just shows a blank page, or do
you get a "not found" error?  I can't really speak for Camino, but I
have seen problems in the past where a page shows up just fine in
Netscape, but IE will display a syntax error for the page.  It seemed
that Netscape was content to guess at what the page was supposed to
show, but IE didn't want to guess, and let you know that the syntax
wasn't correct.  (I always thought it ironic that IE was the one to
complain that a page wasn't compliant with proper HTML syntax)

I would suggest trying your pages in several browsers, and see if any
of them show any syntax issues.  You could also try sending your page
through one of the free code validators that are out there.
Unfortunately I can't recall the URL for any of them right now, but you
should be able to find some with a Google search,