[P1] iTunes library missing

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Fri Jun 20 10:46:27 PDT 2003

Ron Reames wrote the following:

> Today  I opened iTunes on my iBook and there was nothing in the
> library. Even my purchased music was gone.
> What happened?

Ron,

Before doing anything crazy have a look at your default iTunes folder
location to see if it is still there in a finder window...

i.e. /your home directory/Music/iTunes (this is the default location if you
haven't changed it yourself...)

Next look at the prefs for iTunes (menu bar under iTunes heading and
preferences) go to the advanced icon and see what the iTunes Music Folder
Location states...it may be that the iTunes folder is still there where you
originally had it but the preference location could not link to it because
there was another location listed...if this is the case just use the change
button to navigate to the right location...

Otherwise, can you provide more details? have you changed something else
related (are you even using iTunes 4?) where do you usually store the iTunes
library?etc...

HTH,

Richard