[P1] a couple observations; "warp"

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Jun 25 23:57:10 PDT 2003

Not in the 500MHz 12", the 700MHz 12", nor the 600 MHz 14"
I support, nor in any I've seen anywhere (at least not a big
enough gap to catch my eye, since I'm not looking for gaps).
The little rubber bumpers at the corner are the defacto
specification for gap.  Like I say, call AppleCare or take it
to a store.  If nothing else, if you call AppleCare, you will
have recorded the problem now.  It can't hurt.

As for downside:  It lets dust in, and bad spirits, too ;-) .
And isn't impressive, thus being inconsistent with the great
impressiveness of the product in general--it's like going to
a business meeting with your jacket buttoned one button off
level.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Leonard Ornstein wrote:

> To all with 700Mhz, 800Mhz & 900 Mhz 12" iBooks:
>
> The slight warp referred to is essentially universal in all these
> models. It's been discussed at length elsewhere. Except for
> esthetics, it usually has no downside (and there is no "fix").
 . . .