[P1] Connecting iBook to Wintel machine / ethernet

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sun Jun 29 22:32:21 PDT 2003

andy wrote:

> As an aside, I had to give a presentation in an anthropology class
> last semester. As it turned
> out, the CD didn't verify for some reason and we thought we were
> hooped. Using
> Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection, I connected to my desktop
> computer and
> ran the PowerPoint file from there in perhaps three clicks. DynDNS
> saved the day.
>
> I suggested signing up for one of these services as I've found it only
> extends the
> usefulness of smb sharing.
>
>    andy

I actually already have a dyndns account, and yes, it is most useful! I
use it mainly for showing customers what the finished job will look
like. Even managed to get it working over my Airport connection, so I
can be sitting outside while continuing to earn money... what better way
to work!

--Michael.