[P1] Connecting iBook to Wintel machine / ethernet

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Mon Jun 30 00:33:41 PDT 2003

NIKON'S WORLD wrote:

> Ok you have the two machines connected. On the mac in system
> preferences turn windows  file sharing on then close system
> preferences. Click on the desktop, in the "go" menu. Go down to
> connect to server. Your PC should show up.

The reason I didn't suggest this is that I'm yet to get it working! I
know that win9x will only connect using the current username, and since
they differ on my machines, that is no help. I also tried it at a
friend's house recently with win2k and had no luck either, though that
may've been my problem now that I think about it. (Forgot my password!)

So yeah, just turning on Windows File Sharing and it should work. Also,
you _don't_ need to turn on Personal File Sharing, since that is mac only.

--Michael.