[P1] iBook newbie...

Norman Milsner nmilsner at goldrush.com
Tue Mar 4 08:56:12 PST 2003

>Hi,
>
>I recently subscribed to this list after being on several of the
>other LEM lists because I went out and got myself an iBook
>600MHz/20/128/CD I've had this for about 3 weeks and have already
>had to reinstall OS 10.2.4 three times and used the restore software
>to reinstall OS 9.2.2. This machine seems to like to freeze up alot.
>One of the reintalls of OS 10  was because it would not boot back
>into OS 10 after using OS 9 for about a half an hour. I am thinking
>that I should invest in more RAM but am waiting until I can afford
>to get the 512 DIMM. In OS 10 is there a way to allocate more memory
>to a particular program like in earlier OSs?
>Thanks for any help,
>Fran

Sorry to hear about your problems..

There is no way to increase memory in OSX as it is automatic.  If you
haven't done anything of importance (that you want to save), you
might initialize the disk and  and reinstall your software, start
with OS 9 and then OS x.  I have the same computer and have had NO
problems, we went to 385 mgs ram (added 256).

Norm_M