[P1] Sleep crash

Kim Gammelg å rd kim.gammelgaard at get2net.dk
Tue Mar 4 17:52:32 PST 2003

On 04/03/03 14:31, "Bruce Wood" <bruce.b.wood at valley.net> wrote:

> Every couple of days I'll close the lid on my original blueberry iBook
> (10.24, 288MB) to go somewhere and when I open it  again -- nothing.
> The screen is dark, the iBook won't wake up (and I think the green
> light stops throbbing). I have to push the power button once or twice,
> then hold it down to get the computer to start up again. No message
> about being incorrectly shut down or anything. Ideas? Fixes?

I had the same problem last week on my  graphite iBook SE 466 when I
borrowed a DVD from a friend (Time Machine) that was dual-layered. My iBook
had a terrible time recognizing the DVD and it blacked out as yours too. I
tried to troubleshoot from my iMac, but to no avail. No errors to be found,
no apparent crash logs or anything, and no way to get life to the screen
again without rebooting. I had the same problem in OS9 that I could never be
sure to wake up after having inserted a DVD and let the machine go to sleep,
but the last time I was playing a DVD on 10.2.4 I had no problems, even
though I had the DVD in the iBook for several days. This DVD was not
dual-layered though. ( I only watch movies on my iBook when going to and
from work). I don't know if this could be related to your problem?

Cheers,
Kim