Startup ?

Thomas Bridgeland tmbridgeland at ybb.ne.jp
Tue Mar 4 17:47:29 PST 2003

I recently installed OS X.2 the ran the download to X.2.4 on my 600
iceBook.

Now on startup I get a flashing icon of the world in an inch square
box. After that goes on for a few minutes, it switches to an icon of a
folder flashing alternately a question mark and and the old smily face
mac. Finally it manages to boot into OS X. But it is a long, slow
process. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening? I don't
have OS 9 installed, but have two partitions, one for X and one with
files in it (I had planned to install 9 there but don't have the right
install CD)