[P1] tech vs books (was ibook article in the NYT)

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 17:55:05 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 05:07  PM, andy van der raadt wrote:

> But, would we not be better off, in the long run staffing a full time
> educator who can ensure the stacks are up to date, relevant, and
> maintained?

What about a central server filled with pdf files of the books that
kids can download and read on their iBooks. It is not the 'book' (as in
paperback or hard cover) that is important, but access to the words. I
have read several ebooks on a pda and the ideas were just as real.

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com