[P1] iBook article in the NYT

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Wed Mar 5 19:07:12 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 11:20  AM, Brian Hodkin wrote:

>  i have a portable lab of 20 ibooks that in my oppinion was not
> implemented
> right in our school.   the abuse and damage done to these poor
> defenseless
> ibooks is not pretty.

My niece Bridget is anti-Mac although her brother Brad and her Mom are
both Macfriendly.  I asked her why, and she said that her school had an
iBook lab and they kept breaking down.  I was puzzled and asked how.
She said that they kept losing one key from the all the keyboards.  I
asked her if she had a friend in one of those classes that hated Macs.
  She was surprised I asked, and I told her it was probably vandalism.
I don't think I convinced her but at least I planted the thought.   One
freak in the class popping off keys just to ruin the iBook.  :(

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.