[P1] iBook article in the NYT

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 20:22:01 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 10:55  PM, Michael Flournoy wrote:

> One of the issues is the incredible load of heavy  books the kids are
> carrying. It is hoped that as subjects are switched to computer this
> will lessen. This sounds trivial but it is not, I have to strain to
> pick up my sons backpack and he never carries them all.

I was watching kids today struggling under the weight of their
backpacks and wondered why none of them where smart enough to have two
sets of books, one for home and one for school...

Maybe we should investigate the monopoly on knowledge that the printed
book publishers have and their lobby with the school boards that spend
zillions buying and rebuying their books. If the EB can be put on CD,
surely school books can. Or the knowledge could be put on the internet.

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com