[P1] how to speed up more os X

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 20:17:09 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 09:54  PM, Michael Flournoy wrote:

>  A problem with one program will not affect the others at all.

There is an exception to this. A kernel panic will affect everything
and cause the loss of unsaved data. There was a program in older
systems that could recover data from memory chips, I believe.

The lurking consultant at our user group loves to tell everyone that OS
X doesn't crash and I love to select the Power Off Card in my Merlin
C201 menu which instantly causes a Kernel Panic but 10.2.4 just fakes
it and puts up a message that says, "Please Restart Your Mac." (I am
the unlurking consultant who no longer has any desire to deal with
novices...)

Granted, except for this recently discovered little trick, I haven't
had any kernel panics or system wide freezes in months, ever since 10.5.

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com