[P1] SMC7004AWBR - BarricadeT 4-Port 11Mbps Wireless Broadband Ro uter

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Wed Mar 5 20:52:40 PST 2003

----- On 3/5/03 10:29 PM MDT (-0600), Michael Flournoy
<meflournoy at attbi.com> wrote, in part:

>I already had an ethernet router ( Asante, very mac friendly ) but put
>off going wireless because of the expense of the Airport base station.
>I bought a Linksys  wireless router because it was cheap but it's setup
>is a Windows only program. Because I only wanted the wireless
>connection and didn't need it's router function I just plugged it into
>the router and turned it on. No setup at all. I ran Airport setup on my
>iBook and it works perfectly. My point is; software is not an issue if
>all you need is the wireless access like I did. If you need the router
>function I'm ignorant. My Asante setup was done through a web browser
>so any computer can configure it, if the SMC works this way I bet it
>will work fine.

Setup is easy via web browser (the docs provide the IP address of the
router), and even firmware updates can be done via Telnet. It's been a
long while, but I found their tech support to be knowledgeable and
helpful.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562