[P1] SMC7004AWBR - BarricadeT 4-Port 11Mbps Wireless Broadband Ro uter

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Wed Mar 5 20:52:39 PST 2003

----- On 3/5/03 9:14 PM MDT (-0600), Mark O'Brien <rmobrien at mac.com>
wrote, in part:

>I was never able to get the print server working, but I think that's
>because it wasn't a postscript printer. USB printer sharing solved my
>problem.
>
>Mark

I think the "print server" is Windows-only, but that's not a problem with
Ethernet-enabled printers. I have my HP laser printer plugged into it,
and both my wired and wireless Macs print to it without a hitch. My Epson
ink jet is another story, and (OS 9.x) I gave up on USB printer sharing,
so basically find it easier to send a file from my iBook to my iMac
(connected directly to the Epson) on those rare occasions when I need to
print something in color from the iBook. The alternative would be to
reach around and connect the USB cable directly to the iBook.

Harry

Get and send email on any phone just by talking! 30 day FREE Trial.
<http://www.hc.MessageWize.com>