Archive and Install

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Mar 8 03:03:48 PST 2003

> From: "Mark D. Chapman" <mchapman at chass.utoronto.ca>
> How do I do a clean install? I tried to do that but when I booted
> from the Jaguar CD it did not give me that option. Re-installing the
> normal way did not get rid of these strange errors.

You must have the "upgrade" version of the Jaguar CD rather than the
full "retail" version. Somebody at Apple just *wasn't thinking* when
they let THAT idea go out the door.

I would recommend that you take the machine in to an authorised Apple
Service Center and let them do a clean install for you. You might also
check with your local Mac User Group to see if anybody can help you
with that.

_Chas_

"The Box said 'Windows 95 or better' ... so I got a Macintosh."