[P1] need to replace HD on iBook (770MHz)

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Tue Mar 18 11:52:13 PST 2003

I replaced my wife's blueberry 3 GB drive with an IBM GNX (5400 / 8 MB
buffer) and it sure got a little snappier - of course I also maxed out the
ram so not sure if the buffer is any big deal.

I have a Toshiba 40 MB 5400 RPM with 16 MB buffer that is sitting in my
drawer awaiting sufficient free time. I'll be putting it in my 500 ice book
soon and will let you know.

TransInternational is my source for both drives. I usually link to them from
<http://www.dealmac.com>

Dan

(i am wondering if hd buffer size will make that much