[P1] Classic won't start

Kim Gammelg å rd kim.gammelgaard at get2net.dk
Wed Mar 19 10:50:46 PST 2003

On 19/03/03 11:59, "jranieri at twcny.rr.com" <jranieri at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I love Jaguar and rarely use classsic any more, but when I tried to a few
> days ago I
> discovered that it won't startup. The splash screen appears, but it just
> sort of stalls. I'm
> wondering if there's an easy fix to this.

I would suggest you to open the Classic settings in the System Preferences
for Classic and then choose Advanced . Using the possibilities there, I
would try to rebuild the desktop first. If that trick fails, you can just
troubleshoot it like 'normal' OS 9 by starting with extensions off and see
if there are any strange Control Panels or Extensions in your Classic System
Folder and move them out of their folder and have another go until you find
the culprit, or perhaps you can delete some classic preferences. Hope it
works!

Cheers,

Kim