[P1] Classic Won't Start - update

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 21 06:21:59 PST 2003

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 07:44  AM, Joyce Ranieri wrote:

> I finally got the iBook to boot in Classic -- I spent some time
> playing with the extension manager -- it will boot every time.
> Rebooted in OS X, but I still can't boot classic. Further suggestions?

You do not reboot into Classic, you reboot into OS 9. Classic is an OS
X Application that lets you run OS 9 at the same time you run OS X.

When you are in OS X, you do not boot classic you 'Start Classic'. Open
the Classic Preference panel verify that there is an available System
Folder for OS 9. You can then see the other options and even try them.

So, when you startup your Mac, you can boot into OS X or OS 9 (new Macs
only boot into OS X).

After booting into OS X, you can start Classic or not start Classic. If
you have OS 9 installed, when you click on an OS 9 application or
document, Classic will start so you can open the application.

I do not have OS 9 installed so I just get a little message about that.

Do a search for Classic on your hard drive and you should see a file
named 'Classic Startup'.

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com