[P1] Classic - now working!

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sun Mar 23 05:16:41 PST 2003

On 2003-03-22 19:04, Joyce Ranieri wrote:

>> Lastly, I would suggest creating an OS 9 System Folder specifically for use
>> in Classic. Since a lot of services (networking, etc.) in Classic are really
>> handled by Mac OS X, starting Classic from a "regular" Mac OS 9 installations
>> means you are loading a lot of unnecessary extensions and control panels,
>> which only slow down the start-up and performance of Classic.
>>
>> To install a minimal system, boot up from your OS 9 CD, choose a Custom
>> Install, and deselect everything except the first option in the System area
>> (Core Operating System, or something like that).
>
> ALLELUIA! (Yes, those are shouts of joy you're hearing!) This worked! I now
> have Classic starting up. How do I get it to print again? Do I need to boot in
> 9 and reinstall printer drivers?

Yes, you can now install extraneous stuff you absolutely need in Classic
into that minimal System Folder. You can do this from an install CD that
came with your printer, or from the OS 9 Install CD, through Custom Install.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Real programmers always mix up Halloween
and Christmas, because Oct 31 == Dec 25