Maybe the modem drop has been fixed?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 24 19:57:11 PST 2003

I upgraded to the newest security update about two hours ago and after
the restart went online again. That's two hours now with no modem drop
where it was often dropping off line after 5 minutes or more.

Makes me wonder if the last security update didn't introduce a modem
problem that Apple has fixed. Well, guess I'll find out tomorrow when I
surf again.

I also reset Palm Desktop 4 to login in on startup along with its two
parts. Since Palm software has introduced modem problems in the past, I
wonder if that could have been the actual solution? How many people
experiencing modem drops have discontinued using Palm 4.0?

The other change didn't have any affect until I did the two steps above.

It's nice losing the frustration of being told "Can't
Connect...plllffftttpppt". Hope it stays gone.

---

If CNN had broadcast our troop movements and plans analyzed by retired
generals during World War II, Hitler would have won.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com