[P1] a new kind of crash

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 19:53:28 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 09:43  PM, David Crump wrote:

> <snip>
> The one you attached isn't particularly hard to decipher. It's telling
> you that the com.apple.driver.ApplePMU preference file is corrupted.
> Locate the file and trash it.
> </snip>
>
> I've done a search for that file, or a reasonable facsimile and there
> doesn't seem to be such a file on my iBook.
> So far my iBook is working better, but I did have another kernel panic
> last night.  Can't figure this one out.  I'm going to do the repair
> permissions again.  Thanks again for everyone who is helping me out.

Let's think a minute. IF that file is involved in the kernel panic and
you can't find it to trash it, that might be the problem, in other
words, maybe you need the file which isn't there.

This is not a technical answer but just a logical statement based on
the copied text.

Hmm, I don't find one either so maybe you typoed the file name.

ApplePMUPCCardEject.kext
ApplePMU.kext

These are the only files I could find with PMU in them, so, you might
not be able to follow the advice to delete said file.

---

If CNN had broadcast our troop movements and plans analyzed by retired
generals during World War II, Hitler would have won.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com