[P1] a new kind of crash

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 26 07:31:39 PST 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 01:44  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

>> <snip>
>> The one you attached isn't particularly hard to decipher. It's telling
>> you that the com.apple.driver.ApplePMU preference file is corrupted.
>> Locate the file and trash it.
>> </snip>
>>
>> I've done a search for that file, or a reasonable facsimile and there
>> doesn't seem to be such a file on my iBook.
>> So far my iBook is working better, but I did have another kernel panic
>> last night.  Can't figure this one out.
>
> Check the log again. If the same filename comes up again
> (com.apple.driver.ApplePMU), then do a search for INVISIBLE files and
> see if it turns up.

There is no such preference file. You should have checked first...   :)

There are two PMU .kext files and so one might assume the message is
referencing some part of those files.

---

If CNN had broadcast our troop movements and plans analyzed by retired
generals during World War II, Hitler would have won.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com