a new kind of crash

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 23:30:56 PST 2003

Sorry to keep bugging everyone with my crashing iBook problem, but I'm
still not cured.  Since I've been checking the panic.log to try to
figure out what's going on, I end up opening up the Console.log, and
see a constant stream like this:
Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8718
Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8718
Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717

It goes on and on.  What is my computer looking for?  Is this Bad?
Normal?
Thanks again for all your help.
Dave