[P1] a new kind of crash

pob at mac.com pob at mac.com
Thu Mar 27 05:03:32 PST 2003

torsdagen den 27 mars 2003 kl 08.30 skrev David Crump:

> Sorry to keep bugging everyone with my crashing iBook problem, but I'm
> still not cured.  Since I've been checking the panic.log to try to
> figure out what's going on, I end up opening up the Console.log, and
> see a constant stream like this:
> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8718
> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8718
> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
>
> It goes on and on.  What is my computer looking for?  Is this Bad?
> Normal?
> Thanks again for all your help.
> Dave

It's not normal! :-)

Do you have a Canon Scanner? Keep it connected to your computer. If
that doesn't help, check your 'Login' Preference Panel. Do you have 1 or
2 different ButtonManager Applications running? Keep the ButtonManager
with the same Model name as your scanner.

This drove me nuts some months ago...

Hope this will help you.

Peter