[P1] a new kind of crash

Per Brodersen per.brodersen at berlin.de
Thu Mar 27 06:09:05 PST 2003

Ich hatte am 27.03.2003 10:01 Uhr eine Nachricht von iBook List unter
<ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com> erhalten, in der es hieß:

> Looking for devices matching vendor ID=1193 and product ID=8717
>
> It goes on and on.  What is my computer looking for?  Is this Bad?
> Normal?
> Thanks again for all your help.
> Dave

Dave,
seems you have a CanoScan scanner driver installed (no unusual behaviour,
BTW).
Open System Preferences->Start up Items and deselect the Scan Button item
(probably n67x or 124x). That should do it.

Good luck -
Per
--

Per Brodersen, Ph.D. Candidate, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf

Leninski Prospekt 14-49, 236000 Kaliningrad, Russian Federation
Phone 007-0112-536079

mailto:per.brodersen at berlin.de
http://www.perbrodersen.de