Mark Kippert maclists at kippert.com
Thu Mar 27 12:22:30 PST 2003

Chuck & Kim Blair on 3/27/03 2:55 PM wrote:

> My ice ibook 500mhz continues to start up with the flashing folder
> 95% of the time. I hold down ctr, opt, apple, & power button. Twice,
> then restart.

If it flashes between a Finder icon and a question mark (I believe those are
the two icons) this means that it's "confused" about what drive to boot
from. However if you wait it out for about 30 seconds, it will eventually
find the internal drive and start up.

This sometimes happens after zapping the PRAM or installing/upgrading your
operating system.

After you get to the desktop, you need to go into your control panels,
choose Startup Disk, and click on your hard drive's icon.

-Mark