[P1] [P1]

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Thu Mar 27 18:59:11 PST 2003

>>> Also, which symptom/symptoms helped you come to that diagnosis??
>>> Wanting to educate myself.
>>
>> Before you go to too much trouble, the next obvious question is did
>> you install a new RAM module right around the time you started
>> having this trouble?
>>
>> BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
>>

> Well, I bought this machine from MacWarehouse(I believe) and they
> installed extra ram.
> I didn't see any problem when I got it, but I only had my machine
> about a week, before I noticed the ethernet port was a dud. Had to
> send it back to Apple, and got it back about three weeks later...I've
> had this reset, problem ever since.
>
> So... I don't know...
> My machine ran like a charm when I first got it.
>
> Thanks Brian!
> Kim

I suggested ram because there have been some bad sticks out there especially
when used with OSX in particular. These have routinely not been found by
troubleshooting software. Failure modes tend to be erratic. Secondly, it's a
lot easier to pull the ram and see than do what I suggest is your only next
move - which is to send it back to apple. I suspect your motherboard /
hardrive is the more likely candidate. But replacing those is significantly
more difficult.

Dan