thanks.this one though is from mac of all trades..I gues they provide a new

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Sat Mar 29 05:20:57 PST 2003

Uh, that is NOT a safe assumption to make. Unless they specifically
state that or you paid a hefty price for it, chances are everything in
it will be OEM. Considering that the battery will cost about $130, it
might be something you want to verify with them. If it is the OEM
battery, and you are getting some kind of warranty on it, be sure to
thoroughly test the battery in the warranty period. Keep a log of how
much time you are getting on a charge to check for patterns.

If it is not getting full battery life out of the box, there is a
battery patch on the Apple site that will somethies fix this particular
battery and is worth a try.