No subject

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Fri May 2 21:08:45 PDT 2003

FI re-sent this as I realized I did not send it in Plain Text Format
the first time...ooops!

Ok, so, I wrote in last month about my new iBook doing alot of freezing
up and was told basically to send it in and have Apple take a look at
it. So, I can follow directions and I did send it in. I got it back
Wednesday and the note said they replaced the processor. Ok, good. Now
it doesn't freeze any more. I did install an additional 128MB chip from
another iBook (a 800MHz one, mine is a 600MHz). Yesterday I put the
'book to sleep for a few hours while I ran into town and when I came
home and lifted the lid she started right up . THEN after about 30
seconds I get this loud whirring sound. What's that? I don't know. I
did a hard shut down (nothing else worked), waited a few minutes and
started it up again. Everything was fine. Today the same thing happened
after it being asleep again, another hard shutdown....now (just now) it
started the loud whirring noise and is still doing it as I type
this.... What is this....anyone?

Thanks,
Fran