[P1] new iBook problem...

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat May 3 17:22:48 PDT 2003

> There's a thought! I hadn't gone down that road....how long would you
> think the fan should run? More than 15 minutes?

The PowerBoook models have fans, but I believe even the more recent
iBooks are still cooled by convection. (This is one reason you can't
operate an iBook while the lid is closed, for example, and another
reason the iBooks still use the G3 processor, which runs cooler than
the G4.) This is why the situation you describe, if it's attributable
to heat building up inside, could be a bigger problem waiting to
happpen.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net