[P1] new iBook problem...

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Sat May 3 21:45:59 PDT 2003

Ok, I've tried several times today to recreate the whirring sound but
to no avail. So, I guess I'll try a few more times tomorrow and then
call Apple Care and ask their learned opinion....I swear if they say to
reinstall the software I'll just......AAARRGGHHH! No, really, it
doesn't feel like it's running any warmer than usual. You guys have no
idea how bad this is....I only switched about a year ago and finally
spent the bucks to get something new instead of the oldies I had been
playing with and now this! My husband is a PC user and keeps looking at
this iBook and shaking his head! Mentioning the cost occasionally and
swearing to never switch.....
Joe, I looked at the pictures on your site and saw the fan and I don't
know if it's big enough to make the sound I was hearing...while it was
whirring I put a CD in and it played, could barely hear it over the
noise but that makes me think it had to be the HD...
Thanks for the ideas & suggestions!
Fran