Hot swapping

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 4 18:47:56 PDT 2003

When I use my iBook at my desk, I usually hook it up to an external monitor
with the VGA adapter, plug in a USB cable attached to a hub that controls an
external keyboard, scanner, printer, etc, and plug an external speaker cable
into the audio/video port.

My question is, when I want to unhook and go portable, should I pull those
cables out while the Book is sleeping or awake? Or doesn't it matter?

Occasionally I've noticed that things go a little nutty for a minute or so
when I pull out the VGA cable if the computer's asleep. It doesn't happen
often, but just enough for me to wonder if there's a right or wrong way to
hot swap.

TIA,
Brian