[P1] Faxing in OSX

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Mon May 5 20:48:16 PDT 2003

----- On 5/5/03 9:09 PM MDT (-0600), Thomas D. Kearns
<thomas.d.kearns at verizon.net> wrote, in part:

>Just downloaded Page Sender.  Unfortunately, it does not work with a
>DSL modem.  It appears that to make it work in fax mode (as opposed to
>e-mail mode-haven't tried that) you need a regular dial up modem.  Oh
>well.  I guess I have to split the DSL line a third time (already split
>for regular fax machine), install another filter and hook the internal
>modem to the filtered phone line.  Anybody have any simpler suggestions?
>
>Tom

Afaik, no fax device will work with a DSL modem. It needs a regular phone
line. How about one of those inexpensive one-into-two phone line
splitter? Put it after the filter and before the fax machine. Note,
however, that if you're faxing out on your fax modem and the fax machine
is turned on, it may want to play, too.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562