display original clamshell

Johannes Hoffmann tscho at mac.com
Tue May 6 01:21:35 PDT 2003

hi,
I have an graphite clamshell SE running OS X. I'm quite satisfied with it. The only issue is the display. First of all it could be more bright. When I work outside (especially in sunlight) it is very hard to read sometimes. And then, of course the resolution could be higher.
So here my questions:
1) How bright are other iBook displays when working outside? Perhaps my display is getting "old". Anything I can do?
2) Is there any change to replace it with a higher resolution display? I think the graphic chip should be able to run 1024x768 and the size (12.1") of the new iBook screen could fit ....

Any thoughts?
(I like the design of the clamshell, so switching to a new iBook is not what I want).

Johannes

--
Johannes Hoffmann
tscho at mac.com