[P1] Mail w/o images?

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Thu May 8 04:25:26 PDT 2003

On 2003-05-08 13:18, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 07:03  AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:
>
>>> It's my theorey that if you wait until you disconnect and then open any of
>>> the suspicious email, nothing gets sent to anyone and you can view the spam
>>> without making your presence known.
>>
>> True, but that is assuming that one does disconnect at some point, For an
>> ever-increasing number of broadband users, that is not necessarily so.
>
> Now that they have a reason for doing so, they might choose to do so.
> If you use Airport, all you have to do is turn Airport Off. I can only
> speak for the DSL connection I had a few years ago, and I could
> disconnect/connect any time I wanted to. There is a button in Internet
> Connect for disconnecting.

Sure, you can always disconnect... Heck, you can even yank the cable, in
case you really want to be sure.

But the beauty of an always-on connection is... That it's always on.

Turning off networking means that you cut yourself off from the network
completely, including any shared resources you may have set up.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
 /~\   The ASCII Ribbon Campaign: