[P1] Ibook combo drive cannot read SuperDrive created DVD-Rs???

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Wed May 14 01:38:10 PDT 2003

On 2003-05-14 10:30, Charles Martin wrote:

> From: Peter Nacken <caipirina at mac.com>
>
>> Surprise ... I tried to read a DVDR someone copied me stuff on (from his
>> apple iMac) .. And my 500 Mhz Icebook / combodrive / OSX 10.2.6 just spits
>> the DVDR right out ...
>>
>> Such an incompatibility among recent macs makes me really wonder ... I guess
>> I am doing something wrong ???
>
> Maybe. I'm not sure a Combo Drive is meant to read anything but MOVIE DVD-Rs,
> I assume this was a DATA DVD-R you were trying?

Dunno what mechanism we're talking about, here, but the Toshiba SD-R2002
combo-drive in my 600 MHz iBook is specced by the manufactured to read
DVD-R's, but now DVD-RW's. Maybe that's the problem?

Anyway, look up your drive's manufacturer and model in the Apple System
Profiler, then look for specs on the manufacturer's web site, and see if
there's any caveats that could cause this problem.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Nomen dominii habeo, ergo sum.